FearIsNotLove (originally founded as the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter) is a registered Canadian charity and relies on the generosity of our community to provide community impact. The Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter remains a key program within our full range of services.
Online donations are processed by Blackbaud. For more information about the security of your credit card and personal information, see the link in the payment details section below. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $20.00 or more. An email address will be required to receive an electronic tax receipt.
Questions? Contact us.
Please consider a gift that works best for you.
FearIsNotLove relies on fundraised dollars from our generous community to make 50% of our total impact possible.
Donations Line: 403.539.5130 or email email@example.com
Charitable registration no: 12988-3443 RR0001
Donations of Funds
- Financial contributions – allows us to allocate funds where it is needed most. Donations help us operate the much-needed programs and services we offer in the community.
Mail cheque donations to:
500-1509 Centre St SW
Calgary, AB T2G 2E6
Become a Monthly Donor
Making a monthly gift is an affordable way to get involved and Take A Stand against Domestic Violence and Abuse. Plan your annual giving by dividing it into smaller portions throughout the year, and get a cumulative tax receipt in January. It’s an easy and convenient way to donate.
We count on the generosity of our monthly donors. With regular revenue, it allows us to provide support to our clients all year round.
- Birthdays, Weddings and Anniversaries – Many Calgarians turn their personal celebrations into a lasting legacy by giving to the agency. Make a donation in lieu of celebrating a special occasion.
- Canada Helps – You can donate through the Canada Helps website by clicking here.
Provide The Essentials
FearIsNotLove provides essential items such as clothing, underwear and toiletries for the women and children we serve, who often need to flee quickly and do not have time to prepare and pack. Although we accept new items (tags on), financial contributions are preferred as it allows us to purchase items in bulk and buy exactly what is needed by the clients we help.
Donation drop-offs must be scheduled in advance.
To arrange a time to drop off your donation or to ask questions regarding specific items we need, call the Donations Hotline at 403.539.5130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to those individuals and corporations for ensuring our shelves are stocked with toiletries, clothing and toys for our clients. Please make sure to provide your purchase receipt as you may be eligible for a tax receipt.
Current Essential Needs
Over the Counter medication (Travel Size)
Bath towels, Hand towels, Face Cloths
Baby Food (jars, pouches, snacks)
Baby Bottles/Sippy Cups
Diaper Rash Cream
Size 4-5-6 diapers ONLY
Size 4-5 Pull ups ONLY
Turkeys near the Holidays
Body Wash for Kids
Body Wash for Adults
Adult Coloring Books
Toddlers Size 2-5 T &
Youth Size 6 – 14:
Winter boots & jackets
Winter boots & jackets
Child, Youth & Family Program
Glue sticks & Liquid
Art Activity Kits
Child Activity Centre
Sound Machine for babies
Crib Sheets x 6
Thermasoft Cotton Knit Blanket x 6
Toddler Cot Sheet x6
Pre-paid Phone cards
Android Phone chargers
Grocery Cards (Walmart/Superstore)
Please note: we do not accept donations of furniture or household items. Due to health and safety concerns, we cannot accept any used items.
Other Giving Options
- Transfer of Stock – A securities donation can deliver significant tax advantages over a cash donation, allowing you to fund our organization at a lower after-tax cost to you. For details to how to transfer stocks or securities, please review the Transfer of Stock document here.
- Planned Giving – Planned giving is a great way to support FearIsNotLove. You can make a real contribution to the success of our mission, both today and in the future with a little planning today. For more information, view the Planned Giving document here.
- Donate a Car – Donate A Car Canada accepts vehicle donations for FearIsNotLove. To donate a car, truck, RV or motorcycle or other vehicles, www.donatecar.ca.
- Skip The Depot – Get door-to-door bottle pick-up through Skip the Depot and choose FearIsNotLove as your designated charity! Simply download the app and book a donation pick up by clicking on https://app.skipthedepot.com/fearisnotlove.
- United Way Donor Choice Program – You can select our organization as your charity of choice. To designate United Way contributions (or a percentage of contributions) to our organization, please indicate our organization name and charitable registration number (listed on the bottom of this page) on your donation form.
- Philanthropic Giving – We can help integrate and align your philanthropic objectives through our many programs that help end abuse.
- Sponsorship Opportunities – FearIsNotLove hosts a variety of events that bring together Calgary’s corporate giving community, and offers a variety of sponsorship opportunities for corporations to help end family violence and abuse. Click here for more information.
- Employee Matching Gifts -Many companies today understand the importance of demonstrating strong corporate social responsibility by supporting charitable organizations, and encouraging their employees to share this responsibility to donate through donor-matching programs. Through corporate donor matching, your employer multiples the value of your gift and with this, the ability to make a difference in our community. Check with your company’s Human Resources department to see if this program is available.
If your organization is considering a tax-effective donation or wish to provide ongoing support to our agency, please contact us at email@example.com or 403-539-5130.
Your gift of time means the world to us.
Your passion, skills and expertise are essential to our mission. We know how precious time is.
Please connect with us and help us out.
We want to learn about you and what you do best. This enables us to put your talents to good use in helping to serve the people who need it, and ensure you get the most out of your volunteer experience.
Commitment and Confidentiality
Due to the nature of our work, we require most volunteers to commit to a 6-month term and training program as well as complete a Criminal Record Check and an Intervention Record Check. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Get involved and help transform lives through a full-day group volunteer project. It’s an effective way to
do something important for your community while indulging in some corporate team building.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information and how to apply.
Apply and ask questions
Thank you for considering a gift of your time to FearIsNotLove.
Host an Event
Take a stand against domestic violence and abuse and host an event on behalf of FearIsNotLove. Your event will help raise awareness, and provide financial support for our organization. Events held by individuals and community partners allow us to provide much-needed programs and services to support local families.
Independent special events or third-party fundraisers are a very important component of our fundraising activities. Every event held in support of FearIsNotLove gets us one step closer to achieving our mission to end domestic violence and abuse. Third Party event options can include:
- Golf Tournaments (i.e. Charity of Choice for proceeds, selling mulligans and putting contests)
- Stampede Parties
- Corporate or individual events & parties
- Challenge Events (i.e. walks, runs, scavenger hunts, fitness/sport challenges)
- Auctions or Share of Ticket Sales
- Virtual Events
- Or your own creative and unique fundraising idea
Your event is your opportunity to participate in charitable and community work that is fun and meaningful while sending an inspirational message to the community.
We encourage new events big and small. We are always interested in new partnerships and look forward to supporting your fundraising or awareness-building event however we can. Thinking about hosting an event? For creative ideas, permission, guidelines, and steps to host an amazing event, check out our fundraising guides:
For more information about Hosting an Event, contact: 403.539.5130 or email@example.com.
Give by mail: FearIsNotLove, 500-1509 Centre St S., Calgary, AB T2G 2E6
FearIsNotLove Society’s annual budget is $11.3 million for the 2022/2023 fiscal year. FearIsNotLove Society expects to raise $4 million through donations, events and other fundraising activities at an approximate cost of $555k. Donations given as a result of this appeal will be used for general operating costs by FearIsNotLove Society. If you have any questions, please contact our donations line at 403-539-5130 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.