Neglect, violence and abuse are life-altering, terrorizing behaviours.
This is why we became FearIsNotLove. We believe that every human has the right to live free of fear… and feel safe, respected, supported and loved.
Our goal is to help people to have violence-free lives, to live without fear, and get to the ultimate outcome – love.
We are looking for people who want to be part of changing the conversation about domestic violence and abuse. We need people who are eager to be part of a social change movement.
We have evolved from our beginnings as the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter, and
it remains a core part of what we offer for some of our community’s most vulnerable people.
FearIsNotLove creates safe spaces.
We listen, we support, we encourage and we are judgement-free. We are relentless in our commitment to our clients, our communities and each other. We believe change is possible, and we are here to truly change the conversation.
At our core is an uncompromising commitment to our team of talented people who believe in our mission.
If you are:
Passionate about change and excited about possibilities
Highly skilled at relationship building
And a true changemaker, we’d love to hear from you.
- Meaningful, impactful work,
- An environment where you can thrive and grow,
- Opportunities to stretch your ways of thinking about and engaging with people who are experiencing domestic violence and abuse,
- The chance to learn from and use the methodologies developed by some of the greatest thought leaders in our field,
- Leaders and colleagues that care about our team as people, not just as employees,
- A comprehensive total rewards package that includes competitive salary, generous benefits with matching RRSP/TFSA contributions, generous paid time off allowances and an Employee & Family Assistance Program,
- Broad ranging professional training and learning programs, and
Flexible and alternate work arrangements
We asked our clients, staff, donors, volunteers and community members to describe us. We are grateful for what they shared.
Trusted Confidants. They’re like the best friend you never knew you had. A trusted confidant who ‘gets it.’ You won’t find judgment here.
Relentless. This agency is strong, courageous and resilient, often taking on a leadership role in the community. Their work is grounded in proven research and evidence. They work strategically and collaboratively with their partners.
Ingenious. This agency is constantly working to solve what can sometimes seems ‘unsolvable.’ They create better, wiser, stronger systems to support people experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
Empowering. This agency happily shares its knowledge, resources and experience. Ego has no place here. They believe in informing and empowering everyone.
You can help change the conversation
*Counsellors and therapists must be comfortable with client-centred approaches and who are familiar with the response-based approach (Dr. Allan Wade and Dr. Linda Coates) and Feedback Informed Treatment (Dr. Scott Miller).